Dyson released its latest and most powerful vacuum cleaner - Dyson V11. It has three versions: Torque Drive, Animal and Absolute. We will talk about the differences between the three options. So far, it is the best intelligent cordless vacuum cleaner on the market. You curios why? Let's find out.
What is new about the Dyson V11?
1. Display. The Dyson V11 Torque Drive comes equipped with the torque cleaning head that is very similar to the Dyson V10 one, only in addition you get an LCD screen (which is included in the Absolute version as well).
By the way, the Dyson V11 Animal has an LED screen that is a little more basic.
- The LCD screen allows switching between eco, auto, and boost cleaning modes; it also shows an expected battery life-time and let you know when you need to change the filter, etc.
- The LED screen also allows choosing the cleaning mode you need and displays an estimate of remaining battery life using an illustrated icon.
2. Carpet identification. When it comes to the high torque cleaner head, it has the Dynamic Load Sensor that helps to provide deeper cleaning on carpet once it recognizes carpet flooring. Please, note, the estimated battery life changes when the sensor identifies carpet. It does help to optimize battery life since you don't have to switch cleaning modes to get deeper cleaning.
3. Longer battery life. Whilte the Dyson V10 performs up to 60 minutes with a non-motorized tool, the Dyson V11 gives up to 80 minutes of runtime depending on the cleaning tool you use.
4. More suction power. The Dyson V10 motor delivers 150 AW (which is insane), the Dyso V11 is even more powerful delivering 185 AW in max mode.
5. The Dyson V11 performs better even on medium power settings.
6. The Dyson V11 has a little bit more accessories in the package than the Dyson V10.
The Dyson V11 looks very similar to its predecessor - the Dyson V10. Same dustbin that opens up the way the Dyson V10 does. It has the cordless stick body with trigger power controls, in-hand dust bin, and versatile cleaning heads and attachments. It comes in three color options: Nickel & Blue, Copper, and Nickel & Purple.
Since the Dyson V10 has a powerful motor that provides excellent cleaning performance, the Dyson V11 has even more airflow. It delivers 28k Pa which is crazy for a cordless vacuum.
It has good suction not only on high power settings but even on medium power. The Dyson V11 performs better at picking the smallest particulars on carpet.
Even though it has stronger suction, the Dyson V11 makes less noise when working compared to the Dyson V10.
The Dyson V11 performs flawlessly on carpet thanks to the strong suction, a sensor that recognizes surface and a torque cleaning head. It does a great job on hard floor as well.
The most extended battery
It is another thing that has changed.
The Dyson V10 works for about an hour with a suction attachment on low power; the V11 works up to 60 minutes when using the torque drive head on low power.
With a fluffy roller, it lasts up to 14 minutes on max mode, about 40 minutes on medium power settings and the whole 66-80 minutes on Max mode depending on the accessory you use.
As expected, with the extended battery life you get 4.5 hours of recharge time compared to 3.5 hours in the Dyson V10.
Also, because of the battery, the Dyson V11 weights one pound more than its brother.
The difference between Dyson V11 versions
Dyson offers three V11 models: Dyson V11 Torque Drive, Dyson V11 Animal, and Dyson V11 Absolute.
Unfortunately, the Absolute option as far is not available on the US market.
What's in the box with the Torque Drive?
- Extension Wand
- Toque Drive Cleaning Head
- Mini motorized tool (useful when the V11 is used as a handheld, it provides better cleaning performance on fabrics, pet hair, etc.)
- Combination Tool
- Crevice Tool
- Mini Soft Dusting Brush
- Stubborn Dirt Brush
- Docking Station
V11 Torque Drive vs. V11 Animal: what is the difference?
Two things make the V11 Torque Drive different from the Animal option: the screen type and accessories in the box.
The Animal lacks a soft dusting brush which is not a big deal in our opinion. You can buy it separately.
Another noticeable thing is different: the LCD and LED displays. The V11 Torque Drive has an LCD screen that allows choosing cleaning modes. If there is a lack of suction or the filter needs cleaning, the screen shows how to rectify the problem. You can also see estimated battery life with a helpful countdown timer, it lets you know when the battery needs to recharge.
The Animal option comes with an LCD screen. It is more basic than the LED one. It also allows choosing between cleaning modes and shows battery level indicator but with no countdown timer.
Dyson V11 Torque Drive vs. V11 Absolute
As we said before, the Dyson V11 Absolute is not available on the US market. How much the US misses?
The Dyson V11 Absolute has all the same extra tools that the V11 Torque Drive comes with. Also, the Absolute version has a soft roller cleaning head that works better on hard floors. The Torque Head does a superb job on bare floor as well, yet it might be struggling with big debris like cereals but performs much better than the one that comes with the Dyson V10. The Absolute version has the same LCD screen with a countdown timer.
The Animal version also does not include the soft roller brush.
If you need the soft roller, you can buy it separately.
Dyson V10 vs. V11: what has changed?
Both models suppose to work the same one hour on eco mode but is there any significant difference between both?
|Low power settings||Medium power settings||High power settings|
|Dyson V10||46-61 minutes||26-30 minutes||5-9 minutes|
|Dyson V11||66-81 minutes||39-43 minutes||8-14 minutes|
Low power settings: V10 lasts aproximately ~55 minutes with a fluffy head and less with a torque head.
V11 performs up to 80 minutes with a fluffy head, 65 minutes with the torque head.
Medium power settings: V10: 26-28 minutes depending on the tool you are using. V11 lasts about 39-43 minutes.
High power settings: V10 runs about 5-10 minutes; the V11 lasts up to 14 minutes (with the fluffy head), and 8 minutes with the Torque head.
Please note, that with the longer battery life you get a heavier one making the V11 weight one pound more. The V11 also needs 4.5 hours to recharge when the V10 got it in 3.5 hours.
The Dyson V11 comes equipped with a display. The V10 lacks thereof.
- More air power
Dyson claims the newest model provides 20% more of cleaning power than the Dyson V10.
- Accessories in the box
The V11 Torque Drive comes with all the same accessories that Dyson V10 Animal plus it has a stubborn dirt brush.
The Dyson V10 Absolute also has a soft roller for bare floor but lacks the stubborn dirt brush. The Dyson V11 Absolute comes with an extra soft roller and the stubborn dirt brush.
- The sensor that indicates floor type
The Dyson V11 has the same Torque Head that comes with the Dyson V10. In terms of cleaning performance, they are the same, only the newest one has a sensor inside that recognizes carpeted surface. It boosts up suction power when the head touches carpets.
Who is the Dyson V11 for?
- Those who have a house with mostly carpet flooring. It is the strongest cordless vacuum cleaner that provides deep cleaning on carpets; the sensor that recognizes a surface and an efficient cleaning head work together to leave your carpet clean.
- Pet owners. The Dyson V11 easily picks up pet hair on any surface.
- Allergy and asthma sufferers. Thanks to the HEPA filtration, the Dyson V11 is perfect for those who have an allergy and asthma.
- Big households. With the extended battery life, you can use the Dyson V11 even in the bigger homes.
Let's get into the price and where to get the latest Dyson vacuum cleaner
You can get the Dyson V11 Animal on Amazon for around $600.
The Dyson V11 Torque Drive model will cost you ~$700.
Pros of the Dyson V11
- Reasonably lightweight
- Sensor detects flooring type
- Long battery life even with a motorized head
- The screen allows toggling between cleaning modes and shows estimated battery level
- The strongest suction power in the industry
- HEPA filter makes it ideal for people with allergy
- Has three cleaning modes for different cleaning needs.
Cons of the Dyson V11
- Price. The vacuum is pricey but worth every penny because of the new features it has
- Short battery life on the Boost cleaning mode.