Video made by Apple Dad
How to decide whether to get the Apple Watch 3 or Series 5? Apple discontinued the Apple Watch 4 after releasing its newest model - Apple Watch 5. The main question is: which one to get?
Let's start with the price. The Series 3 is starting at $199 compared to the series 5 which is about $399. Is the Apple Watch 5 worth paying twice as much as the Apple Watch 3?
The serious improvement between the Apple Watch 3 and Apple Watch 5 would be:
- A faster processor, which is noticeable if you switch between apps often;
- EKG sensor. A helpful sensor but before buying the watch check your country and region to see if it's available at where you at. If it is not available, you can get the Series 4 for cheaper and still have this feature.
- Always-on display. If you need to quickly see the time, track your performance while working out, etc.
- Series 5 offers two cases: ceramic and titanium. Titanium will cost you about $799 and more which is $100 more than stainless steel. Ceramic would be $1299. Also, the glass will be sapphire crystal, which would be the same if you get a $399 an aluminum version.
- Storage. The Series 5 offers twice as much storage compared to Series 3 or 4. If you like listening to music from your watch, you should get the Series 5. It has 32 GB of internal storage, taking to account some for OS, etc you get 26-27 GB, which is a huge amount for most people.
- Built-in Compass. Not everyone will use it or let's be honest many of us won't but for those who find it important, the Series 5 has it.
If you are using 1 or 2 Series you might want to upgrade it. No matter will you get the 3, 4 or 5 Series, you will get a huge improvement on day-to-day use. The Series 3 is going to be updated the next year.
Since the Series 4 is going to be discontinued, which means if you get one, it will not receive any updates so if you want something better than the Series 3, consider paying a bit more for the Apple Watch 5.